Academic qualifications obtained
- A. — University of Pretoria, 1961–63 (Majored in Roman-Dutch Law, Political Science and German).
- A. (Hons) Political Science — University of South Africa, 1968–1969.
- A. (Cum Laude) Political Science — University of South Africa, 1973–1974 (Title of thesis: “Role of the USA Senate in Foreign Affairs.” (In Afrikaans and Unpublished)
- Litt. et Phil. Political Science — University of Johannesburg 2017 (Title of thesis: “The Role of the High Courts of the United States of America, South Africa and the European Union in Foreign Affairs.” (Unpublished)
- The gold badge of Solidarity presented by the head of the international department of Solidarity in Gdansk, Poland, March 1990.
- Medal of the Benefactor of the Diocese of Gdansk presented by the bishop of Gdansk, Tadeusz Goclowski (one of the most influential members of the Polish Bishops’ Conference) in Gdansk, Poland, March 1990.
- “Brexit — The ECJ Conundrum for the UK” American Bar Association’s Newsletter, June 2019
- “Role of European Court of Justice in Foreign Affairs”, Universitas (India) Vol. 13, (ISSN 2229–5542), September 2020. [Publication is circulated to all the authors, members of Editorial Board, members of National Advisory Board, members of International Advisory Board, National Judicial Academy in India, faculty members of Law Schools, Universities in India and prominent persons from the Bench and the Bar in India.]
- “The Importance of the European Court of Justice”, a chapter included in Conflict & Peace In International Politics: Issues, Actors and Approaches. Edited by Kenar N. and Shaw I. London. IJOPEC Publication. (Published on 26 December 2020 — ISBN 978-1-913809-10-2) Invitation to present this Chapter was issued by the Co-editors of this Special Issue.
- “Diplomatic and Consular Protection with special reference to Article 46 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights”. (Published as a chapter in a Special Issue The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union: the First Ten Years — New Challenges and Perspectives published by Laws (ISSN 2075-471X on 24 December 2020). Invitation to present this Chapter was issued by the Co-editors of this Special Issue.
- “The Contribution of the European Court of Justice to the Methodology of International Law” published in The Contribution of the Case-Law of International Courts and Tribunals to the Development of International Law. Edited by Teles, Patrícia and Manuel Ribeiro who were the organisers of the Braga-Conference in September 2019.
- Interview published in Erga Omnes issued by the Weeramantry Centre for Peace, Justice and International Law, India, 6 September 2020.
- “Thoughts on Living during the Restrictive Times of Covid-19” The Namibian, August 2020.
- “The Role of the Judiciary in Foreign Affairs to be duly recognised, with special reference to the Supreme Court of the USA” Stellenbosch Law Review, October 2021.
Published in the Journal of Humanities (South African Academy for Science and Arts):
- “The Role of the High Courts of the United States of America, South Africa and the European Union in Foreign Affairs”, March 2019.
- “Brexit’s political and economic consequences and historical realities”, June 2019.
- “The effect of domestic affairs on foreign policy, with specific reference to current events in the United States of America”, September 2019.
- “Brexit: Next Challenges for a new Era”, March 2020.
- “The constitutional Requirements and Processes to remove a President of the USA from Office, with special reference to President Trump”, September 2020.
- “Challenges and Opportunities in practising Diplomacy — Before, during and after COVID-19”, March 2022.
- Book reviewed: Dr Leopold Scholtz’s Terreur en Bevryding: Die ANC/SAKP, die Kommunisme en Geweld [1961–1990], June 2022).
- “Brexit” at the Annual Conference of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association in Livingstone, Zambia, April 2019.
- “The Contribution of the European Court of Justice to the Methodology of International Law” to the International Law Associations Conference in Braga, Portugal, September 2019.
- “Deficiency in Foreign Policy Analysis: Role for the Judiciary in U.S. Foreign Affairs” in the Congress, the Presidency & Courts section for the 51st Annual Meeting of the Northeastern Political Science Association meeting, in Philadelphia, USA, November 2019.
- “Relationship between Domestic Affairs and Foreign Affairs.” Lecture to students completing their course on Contemporary Diplomacy and International Relations at the Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies of the Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan, August 2020
- Lecture to MBA Program Students, Center for International Business Education & Research, Fowler College of Business, San Diego State University, California, USA, 15 September 2020.
- “Foreign Policy for a Company” to the class session on Global Business and Diplomacy of the Department of Management, Fowler College of Business, San Diego State University, California, February 2021.
- “The Importance of the European Court of Justice” at the International Congress on Current Debates in Social Sciences (CUDES) organized by the Sakarya University in Turkey, 29-30 September 2020
- “The Role, Relevance, and Influence of High Courts and Judiciary in Foreign Affairs.” Key note address when joined in conversation with the former Danish Foreign Minister, Dr. Per Stig Møller. Organized and presented by the Center for Science & Commercial Diplomacy (CSCD) in Denmark, November 2020.
- Twelve lectures as Visiting Professor at the Tashkent State University of Law, Uzbekistan.
- Several lectures as a board member of The Global Institute for Research, Education and Scholarship (GIRES) with its headquarters in Amsterdam (www.gires.org) 2020-2022.
- Discussion with members of “The International Team for the Study of Security – Verona” which is an international, interdisciplinary, apolitical, cultural association dedicated to the study of international security.
As consultant and business facilitator, I consulted for numerous South African and international companies. The most important are:
- Baird’s Communications, Randburg
- Ed Hern, Rudolph, Inc., Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)
- Issie Kirsch, managing director of Radio 702, Johannesburg
- Pasta San Antonio, Midrand
- Pretoria Travel Bureau
- CNA Gallo, Johannesburg
- Embassy of Kuwait, Pretoria
- Eurasia Group, London
- Ibhubesi Information Technologies, Midrand
- Lexicon (India), New Delhi
- Mantellum, Johannesburg
- Namib Mills, Pretoria
- Nampak, Johannesburg
- Nando’s, Johannesburg
- Prestasi Financial Services and its subsidiary, Bafenyi Holdings
- Preasumo, Johannesburg
- Renewable Energy Power Systems Ltd. of the UK, London
- Rentmeester Group, Pretoria
- Samsung (South Korea), Johannesburg
- Škoda-export, Prague, regional representative in South Africa and Namibia
- Swiss Virgo Consultants Group SA, Switzerland, regional representative in South Africa
- The Economist (London), logistics consultant for its first Roundtable with the government of South Africa at Gallagher Estate
- Trustco Holdings, Windhoek
- Wolf Technologies, Johannesburg